|March 11, 2004
Automatic shredding for another email program - Mireth Technology releases NetShred X 3.3
Mireth Technology has released version 3.3 of NetShred for Macintosh OS X, it’s popular privacy utility that automatically shreds web browser cache, browser history files, download cache, email trash, Apple junk mail and Mailsmith spam. Version 3.3 adds support for Mailsmith.
Anyone can look through your web browser’s cache and history files and see what information you have accessed on the web. Do you really want to risk having your private information read by anyone with access to your computer? NetShred X provides an easy, permanent way of securely deleting browser cache, history files, email trash and more. Permanent because it shreds (not just deletes) these files so the contents cannot be recovered. Easy because it runs automatically when you quit from your browser or email application.
Key features include:
- the option to shred (not just delete) browser cache, history, email trash, download cache, Apple junk mail, Mailsmith spam
- runs automatically when you quit from your browser/email
- supports several browser/email applications (IE, Safari, Netscape, Mozilla, Omniweb, Opera, iCab, Eudora, Apple Mail, Mailsmith)
- the "Confirm before shred" feature
- optional compliance with US Department of Defense, NSA and Gutmann electronic shredding standards
- a configurable overwrite pattern and number of overwrites
NetShred - the internet privacy utility (TM)
Price: NetShred X for Mac OS X costs $19.95(US) and can be ordered from Mireth's web site at
This is a free upgrade for existing NetShred X users. Upgrade pricing for NetShred OS 9 users and volume purchasing discounts are also available.
Availability: Download a copy (free demo included) from http://www.mireth.com/pub/download.html. NetShred for Macintosh OS 8&9 also available.
System Requirements: Macintosh PowerPC G3 or G4, Mac OS X 10.x
More information: go to http://www.mireth.com/pub/nxme.html